Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Viability and a day at the park

So, I'm 24 weeks today. That marks viability, or so they say. I'm happy to meet the first of what I hope are many more milestones. I intend to stay pregnant for a much longer time though!

Not too much going on to talk about. I'm sorry I've been slacking with the updates. The kids are so great. They are just getting so big, and look so old to me. I can't take it! I saw my friends 5 week old, 8.5 lb baby, and all I kept thinking was "Wow. That's a small baby." And then I realized that both of mine were WAY smaller than that ... Boots left the hospital at less than 5 lbs! And yet, here I was, all awkward holding my friends baby. haha. I guess I've blocked out that time!

So, Moop still takes a binky. He loves it. He uses it for naps (on the weekends, not at daycare) and when he goes to bed at night. Boots doesn't care as much, but if Moop has one, she requests one. So I think it's time to get rid of them. I was going to wait until Christmas, and have them leave them for Santa ... but I think instead we are prepping them to give the binkies to Aunt Chrissy's babies. We've already started talking to them about it, and they are totally receptive. So now, if I ask them "Who are you going to give your binkies to?", Boots will answer "Sami!" and Moop will answer "Anthony!". And then I say "Does Moop need a binky anymore?" and he'll smile and say "Noooooo."

So I think our plan is once I give birth, DH will make a big game of gathering up all the binkies with the kids, bring them to the hospital, and then handing them off to the babies. At the same time, we will have a gift from the babies to Moop and Boots as a thank you for all the binkies. I really really hope it works!!

Besides that, we enjoyed a super nice weekend last weekend. We went to the park, but not before taking Moop for another hair cut. But this time, we went WAY short. Check out the new 'do.

Mr Moops Haircut
Mr Moops Haircut

The kids had fun at the park, playing on the slide, and blowing bubbles. But once they saw me drinking out of my water bottle, they vetoed their sippy cups, and only wanted to drink out of water bottles. So cute!

Thirsty Moop
Thirsty Boot


We had a lot of fun, and then we topped off the evening with a trip to Stewart's where they enjoyed hot dogs and fries (oh yeah, and we did too!)

I promise, I will try and update more!
Enjoy,
Caba

2 comments:

Aimee said...

OMG I hardly recognized Moops! He sure has grown and I love his hair cut. He's looking more and more like a little man. :o)

I know what you mean about looing at infants, I just can't imagine Hannah was that small!

Hannah also prefers my bottle (vs. her sippy cup) even if she gets her shirt soaked!

Congrats on hitting another major pregnancy milestone! Hang in there girl, I'm rooting for ya!

Sanda said...

So glad that everything is going so good with the pregnancy!
And what a great idea for the binkies!! I love it!!