Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I am sick of being sick

So much has happened since I last wrote. Boots and Moop had their first "performance" last Wednesday. Their daycare did a spring concert, and for the first time, their classroom (ages 2-2.5) was invited to participate. It was previously only the older kids.

It was super cute! They all marched on stage, and sang 3 songs. Boots had her back to the audience the whole time, as she was facing her teacher. Moop stood towards the back, but was dancing around and singing along! I was so proud. The pregnancy hormones had me all choked up!

Unfortunately, on that same night, I started to get sick. AGAIN. Another cold. Ok, not fun, but I can deal. Friday night, my wonderful sister/BIL and parents took the kids again. They take them all out to eat, and then they each take one for the night. As the night dragged on, I was SO tired, getting really stuffy, and just more miserable. I woke up Saturday morning still stuffy, but ok. DH got us some Dunkin' Donuts and we sat in bed to relax. I started to feel slightly nauseous. I took a shower and asked DH to make me an english muffin and an egg so that I could eat something not too heavy.

About 5 bites in I was running to the bathroom and throwing it all up. Ugh, looks like a stomach bug on top of a horrible cold. My family was going to bring the kids back to us around dinner time, but being the rock stars that they are, they kept them for another night so I could vomit in peace.

Ugh, I felt SO awful. I was just wrecked. It was one of those things where I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow. Luckily, I felt a little better on Mother's Day morning. DH gave me a beautiful card that made me cry, as well as got me tickets to see Hair on Broadway! Love that man. After resting all day, I decided to venture up to my sister's for a Mother's Day BBQ. I didn't eat much, but I wanted to spend a little time with my kids on Mother's Day. But when I got home, I threw up again. Lovely.

I did go to work on Monday, I felt ok in the morning and figured I would give it a shot going in. I also talked to my boss about my needing to slow things down a little. Starting next week (I'll be 26w2d) I will be working from home 3 days a week and going into the office 2 days a week. Then we will see how I do with this schedule. If I need to start working from home full time, they will be flexible with that. Either way, unless something happens that the doc pulls me out sooner, my last day of work will be June 26th. I'll be 32 weeks. Can't get here soon enough!!

Oh, and some WONDERFUL news! My sister had her final radiation treatment on Monday, and will be having her port removed tomorrow. So cancer treatment is OVER!!! I am so happy for her ... and now she can focus on these two little bubs that are about to take over her world!!

Pictures next time, I promise!


FET Accompli said...

That stomach bug does NOT sound fun...

Huge congrats on your sister finishing treatment - woohoo!!!!!!

Carol Austin said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! Sorry you were under the weather but it was an opportunity to let go and let others take care of you and the munchkins! Every Mommy needs that now and then! Glad you are adjusting your work schedule and listening to your body.
Thrilled to get the good news about Chrissy's treatments coming to an end! Time to celebrate!

Aimee said...

Oh sorry you got hit with the bug, esp. while you're pregnant with twins! I think it's great that your sis and parents helped you out when you needed it most! I hope your feeling much better now!

Congrats on your sister's final radiation treatment! WOW that's terrific! I bet your sis is seriously relieved!

FET Accompli said...

You've been tagged! You can check by blog post "Crazy 8's" for instructions - unless you have already been tagged...?

Arjun and Indira said...

Gosh can't believe you were so sick luckily you have family around to help out with the kids! Hope you are all mended. Oh and how adorable that they did a recital!