Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

9 Month Check-up and Friends

So, the twins had their 9 month check up today. Yeah, it's about 3 weeks late. But it was a good appointment.

Jakey Jake has gone from 20.13lbs at 6 months to 24.1 lbs! He's a chubby monkey, and I just love it! He's 30.5 inches long, putting him in the 95% for height and 90% for weight.

Hailey Bird went from 15.3lbs at 6 months to 18.2 lbs! She is my petite little princess. She was 30 inches long, putting her in the 97% for height and 30th for weight. Here's hoping she stays tall and thin!

Otherwise everything was right on schedule. The pedi told us that we can basically let them eat EVERYTHING, with the except of honey, peanut butter, whole milk, shellfish and anything that is a choking hazard (raisins, nuts, etc). Wow! So that opens up a whole world of food to them! Meatballs and pasta, mac and cheese, soups, basically anything as long as it's cut up small and is soft. I can't wait to start experimenting with things! It's going to make for some FUN pics.

And last, but certainly not least, my little girl got 2 shots, in her ears. Yes, we got her ears pierced! Look how cute she looks!
Hailey

She cried when she got them pierced, but not about the actually piercing. The kid is a total spitfire and wants to be on the move all the time. So she screamed bloody murder when we were just trying to hold her in place. I was trying to hold her arms so the pediatrician could just mark her ears for where they would pierce them. All the doc was doing was making a pen mark on her ear, and you would have thought we were sticking a knife in her eye. It took me, the pedi, and another nurse to hold her down, that is how strong that 18lb kid is! But once it was done, she was all smiles!

Last weekend my friends came over with their babies, and it was so much fun. Nicole, Karen and I all graduated high school together. Nicole's daughter Lilly is 2.5 years old and Karen has b/g twins, Jack and Mia, that are 7 months old. Then my friend Michele that also went to high school with us was there with her son Michael, with the crazy hair. He's made a few appearances on my blog before. We got this great pic of them lined up on the couch. In order, it's Lilly, Michael, Hailey, Jake, Mia and Jack.
Motley Crue

It was a crazy day, with all the babies running around, or crawling and rolling, but it was a lot of fun to just compare notes and discuss the ups and downs of having kids.

Sometimes I feel like a fraud in these situations, wearing the mommy hat amongst a bunch of moms. I know I belong there now, and it's ok that I'm there, but I still don't feel like I fully belong. I can't really explain why that is, and maybe it's because of the whole infertility thing. I think its just that you spend so much time focused on the fact that you want to be a mom, that when you get there, you are used to the struggle, you have a hard time accepting your new place, so to speak.

What I want to say isn't coming out right, so I'm going to stop now.

It's late, and I must sleep now.

Goodnight!
Erica

5 comments:

Mony said...

Gorgeous pictures!
Love all the kids. I know what you mean about the "Mummy Fraud" thing. I keep waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder & say "Give that baby back Lady!" It's amazing after all we've been through. Thanks for stopping by my blog so much. I love getting your comments xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Er. Love the pics of the kids. Love Lilly's debut on your blog.

On another note...just have one comment. If it makes you guys feel any better I feel the same way about not fitting in with the whole mom thing. While I can't imagine how hard it must have been going through IVF please know that those of us who didn't have that experience feel for you but just want you to know that I still can't believe I am someone's mother and Lil is 2 1/2. Pinch me! Do you think this is something that all new moms feel or will we still be feeling this at our childrens' weddings?

If I haven't already told you this...I am SO proud of you that you decide to talk about your IVF experiences which can help so many. ROCK ON!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say I think your two kids are the cutest of the bunch by far :-).

Aimee said...

Cute pix of Hailey with her newly decorated ears! ;o) Hannah is about the same size as Hailey but probably a tad shorter? Glad your cuties got a clean bill of health! I can't wait to introduce Hannah to finger foods as well! I have to get a splat mat soon!! LOL...

MoMo said...

Oh..those pictures are so cute!!! And I love the earings!!

I know how you feel--it really blows that infertility robs us so many things.